Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Don't Advertise Your Kids' Names With Your Home!!



The weather in Rochester has not warmed up but the local real estate market has.  I've been out photographing numerous houses from Greece, to Brighton to Fairport that will be coming to market over the next few weeks.

The homes are all nicely staged and gorgeous but the kid's bedrooms are especially fun to photograph.  Of course, they leave me feeling deprived as I think back to sharing a bedroom with my two sisters without matching furniture nor color-coordinated drapes and bed coverings.  But that's another story.

I love the trend to decorate a child's room with his or her name until it is time to put the house on the market.  As you stage your home and child's bedroom, keep in
mind that these photographs will be all over the internet right there with your address.  While most kids are taught about stranger-danger, it can be confusing to them when a stranger knows their name.  So, just as a precaution, remove all the name art before the photo shoot.

It's also not a bad idea to put away anything that is extremely valuable so as not to temp burglars.   Of course, valuables can be replaced  but our precious loved ones can not.  

Please don't hesitate to give me a call if I can assist with your Rochester-area real estate needs.

No comments: