Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starter Home Extraordinaire

I remember buying my first home like it was yesterday. It was a fixer upper, which is all I could afford at the time. The only reason the roof didn’t leak was it was the bottom floor of a condo building. The windows did leak, and not just air. One morning I woke up to find a small pile of snow in my kitchen. But this was a great investment for me. Located on the outskirts of Washington, D.C., I sold it four years later at twice what I paid for it and moved to western New York.



Starter homes have come a long way. Today I have a perfect little starter home in the town of Greece which has a newer roof, windows, furnace and even central air. It sits on a beautiful park-like lot that is nearly a third of an acre and has a 2 car garage. The kitchen and bath have been upgraded with tile and granite. The living room is large and has a stunning stone fireplace (wood burning). The home is located at 126 Alpine and you can check out more details and photos at: www.RochestersBestHomes.com/R152267 or give me a call at 756-7457.




No comments: