Monday, December 07, 2009
Getting Ready to List Your House
There is also a lot of paperwork that needs to be organized and available for closing and since you will be busy packing all your belongs, I recommend that you get the following items in order before you list your home. They include:
• A payoff statement (or recent bill showing balance due) from all mortgages on the property.
• Two sets of keys to the house.
• A copy of all certificates of compliance for improvements to the property, such as fences, pools, sheds, finished basement or attic, new bathrooms, etc.
• Twelve months of utility bills (or one month if on a budget plan).
• Copy of property tax bills.
• Completed Property Condition Disclosure.
• Copies of any environmental testing done, i.e. lead testing, radon testing.
• Contact information for your real estate attorney.
• A list of appliances that you plan to offer with your property.
• Copy of all transferable warranties, such as for a newer roof or appliances.
If you'd like more information about getting your home on the market, don't hesitate to call me. My office number is 585-756-7457.