Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Greetings From Vegas


The 2008 ReMax International Convention is in Las Vegas this week and I decided to attend. It's been a long, long time since I've visited sin city. Not much has really changed. It's a bit flashier and I'm truly on sensory overload and this city has gotten really expensive. Our $200 a night room is nice but they want an additional $12.99 a day for Internet and $25 a day for a pass to the workout room. There is no coffee pot in the room nor free coffee in the lobby. Maybe this is what everybody was referring to when they said I would leave the convention really inspired to do more real estate!


I'm learning a lot. Not just when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. I've attended lots of conventions in my lifetime, all for other industries, but I was very impressed with the ReMax Opening Session. We were not allowed to photograph any of it, but the stage was impressive. There were many inspirational speeches from the ReMax Royalty, an unveiling of 2008 TV commercials and excellent entertainment, including singers and dancers. It was a fabulous 3 and a half hour program.
The rest of the week is filled with educational classes. I'll be learning how to better price property, how to use the latest technology and lots of other things to make me a better agent. This afternoon I will have my picture taken with the ReMax Founders with my 2007 Award. In the ReMax World, it's a piddly little award, but to me it's a big deal and I'm honored that the founders will give their time to have a picture taken with me.
And we're enjoying the weather. Another sunny day in the desert while Rochester is once again digging out from ice and snow. Be safe readers! We'll be home on Friday.

No comments: