Friday, January 03, 2014

A Look Back at the Past Year

My year ended with a bang and I'm not talking about fireworks.  Around 11:30 am on December 31st, a healthy Jonah Jensen was born, making me a grandma for the 4th time.  Ending the year on such a high note, sure made the rest of the year a blur.

I've said it over and over, but the best part of real estate is really getting to know some wonderful people and this year was no exception.  This year I worked with a number of young families and one provided an experience I will never forget.  Thanks to the latest technology, they signed a purchase offer on their dream property within an hour of giving birth to a beautiful baby girl.  And then upon being released from the hospital, they proceeded to prepare and place their home on the market.  Wow!  I don't recommend other families follow suit.

And just a few weeks later, I arrived at a listing appointment as one of the owners was taken to hospice care.  Bob had lived at the same place for 41 years and always said he wanted to leave feet first.  Well, he did and past away about 12 hours later.

So I've seen more than my fair share of life this year and hopefully I'm wiser for it.    I appreciate the trust people have put in me when they decide to buy or sell real estate and look forward to new relationships in the new year.

Happy new year everyone!


No comments: