Wednesday, November 03, 2010

It’s been almost a full year since I’ve made a serious post to my blog. It’s not that I’ve forgotten about it or lost interest, I’ve just been distracted.






For one thing, I’ve become a photo-holic. I’ve always liked to take pictures but I realized it was a real problem when my camera up and died in September 2009 and I came unglued. I could not rest until I went out and bought a bigger and better model than what died. Unfortunately, I didn’t know how much I didn’t know about photography until I took the brand new Nikon D300 out of the box and realized I didn’t have a clue how to work it.

You learn by doing and so I set out to learn my camera by committing to posting one photo a day (on flickr) for an entire year. Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall I’ve walked and scouted all over Rochester and the Finger Lakes for a photo worthy of posting. Up before dawn, fell in a snowdrift and have gotten lost at least a half dozen times, but it’s been a blast. You can view my set of photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shelsby/sets/72157612516667199/



I live next to Highland Park in the city of Rochester, and so I accumulated a large number of photos of the park. Last month I decided to put together a collection of my park photos into a book, which I titled “More than Lilacs! Rochester’s Highland Park.” Not quite a best seller, but I am pleased with the number of copies sold to date. You can preview and order the book here:





Oh, and I’ve been selling real estate too! But with my 365 Day Project and published book behind me, I promise to reengage in my blog project and keep you up to date on the Rochester real estate market.

No comments: