Thursday, May 28, 2009

Children's Miracle Network Telethon is this Sunday! Call in and I'll Match your Donation!

I’m writing to you to ask for your support!

For the past 5 years or so, I’ve supported the Golisano Children’s Hospital by donating a portion of my real estate commission for every house that I’ve sold. Well, it’s no secret that the economy has had a strong impact on the real estate market and so this past year was far from my most productive year. As a result, I’ve decided to take my support for this important organization to a new level.

This Sunday, May 31st, I will be participating in the local Children’s Miracle Network Telethon which is being broadcast from the Strong Memorial Hospital Lobby on channel 10NBC. The show is being aired from 10 am to 1 pm and from 7 pm till 11 pm.

I will be answering phones and taking pledges for one hour starting at 11 am, and have decided to issue a challenge. If you will call during that hour and mention my name, I will match your donation.* The number to call is (585) 241-KIDS. In addition, you can contribute on-line at www.gchas.org but be sure to mention the Mary Shelsby Challenge in the special comments section.

Why? Well, a couple of weeks ago I attended a luncheon where I got to meet several of the children whose lives were saved by extraordinary care received at Golisano Children’s Hospital. It occurred to me that it would be unthinkable that some child might not have the same opportunity just because they were unlucky enough to get sick during a bad economy. This facility serves a 17 county region and is committed to treating all children regardless of the family’s ability to pay.

So please, mark your calendar for this Sunday, between 11 am and noon, tune into channel 10 and dial 241-KIDS and make a pledge. It’s that simple! Thank you for your consideration and generosity.

Mary
 
*  I will match the first $500 in donations between 11 am and noon in which my name is mentioned.

No comments: