Thursday, March 26, 2009

Already Sold!

The only reason I have time to update my blog this week is that more than half of the houses that I've called on to schedule a showing have already been sold.  In fact, one house had an accepted offer at 6 pm on the very day it was put on the market.  I think it is safe to say that the $8000 first time home buyer tax credit is doing it's job to stimulate the real estate market.

I did a quick check of houses that went pending today in the MLS system.  At 4 pm, we had 37 new pendings, with an average sale price of $133,900 and average days on market is 62. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOOOOOO

Mary Shelsby said...

Oh Jon, don't worry! We are going to find you a house that is not yet sold. As we get the word out that buyers are buying, I think more sellers will be comfortable with putting there house on the market. Right now there just isn't much inventory as you are well aware.

Maybe we can look at some houses this weekend???